This past weekend I was on the road opening for Tim McGraw, and happened to catch an episode of Martha Bakes on PBS in my hotel room! She's always been one of my favorite personalities! She did an entire episode in chocolate and I can't get it out of my mind. I don't know about you but I love chocolate cake with a gooey filling. I'm a big fan of making individual portions as well! Making mini chocolate cakes has a sweet touch to it! Here's a fun recipe to try! It's so easy and delicious! Make sure and share pictures at #howtobedarling
Warm Chocolate Cakes
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more, softened for molds
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds, ramekins, or custard cups. Tap out excess flour; set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler or heatproof bowl set over simmering water, and heat until the chocolate has almost completely melted. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar until light and thick.
- Beat in flour until just combined. Stir together the warm melted chocolate and butter. Pour chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Divide batter evenly among the molds.
- Bake the molds on a baking sheet for 7 to 8 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set. Immediately invert each mold onto a plate, and let sit for about 10 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one side of the mold; the cake will fall out onto the plate. Serve immediately with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 individual cakes
A little piece of heaven! Why not put it on your face! One if my favorite cosmetic lines Too Faced, has created eyeshadow palettes and bronzers with real cocoa powder in them! I can't even handle this! They are gorgeous colors with cheeky names. Will leave you smelling and looking gorgeous. Your beau will agree! Here's a favorite! You can find this and other heavenly products at http://www.twofaced.com
Xo, Sarah Darling